Lemon juice contains some of the best combinations of vitamins and minerals. No matter at which point of the day you drink it, it will always give you an instant refreshment. Making it on the other hand is messy and quite hard, to be honest. Unless you use these hacks for juicing a lemon, the struggle seems to leave no one.
6 Common Hacks For Juicing A Lemon
Here are the top lemon hacks you can use when extracting juice
● Roll your lemons on the counter for more yields
● Never squeeze too much if you want to avoid bitterness
● Use a strainer to remove the seeds
● Store in Ziploc bag to extend shelf life
● Use fork method for quick extraction
● Use the chopstick method when you don’t have knives
Roll Your Lemons On The Counter For More Yields
This is a simple trick to do. Take your lemon and gently roll them on your counter. You should not push it too hard. In most cases, the weight of your arm is enough to break the internal lemon membrane. So when you hand squeeze them, the effort required will be much less than usual. And it will yield more juice as well.
Never Squeeze Too Much If You Want To Avoid Bitterness
It’s a common problem when people squeeze in hurry. They tend to apply too much force, as a result, the skin releases the bitter oil in the mix. Although it’s more rich in vitamins, it tastes bad. So remember to go slow on the lemon squeezing if you don’t like the taste. Avoid the skin altogether when using a juicer machine.
Use A Strainer To Remove The Seeds
We all forget the seeds. Sometimes you can see them, sometimes you don’t. But they are always there to ruin your perfect drink. Even if you poke out some before squeezing one or two will still find a way to your drink. So strain it first before you move on to mixing other ingredients.
Store In Ziploc Bag To Extend Shelf Life
Like any citrus fruit, it’s hard to keep fresh once you cut them open. This leads to an oxidation problem when you leave the leftover lemon slices. Use a Ziploc bag and throw the leftover slices with minimal air in the bag. This will significantly increase the shelf life.
One thing to remember, this is not a permanent solution. You should still use the slices as soon as possible. The lack of airflow in the bag just slows down the process a bit.
Use Fork Method For Quick Extraction
If there comes a time you just need a large amount of lemon juice. But you don’t have time for fancy squeezing equipment, just use a fork. First, make large cuts and then work your way through the middle. Push the fork from the inside and push it to the skin gently. Rotating the fork is also a great trick for a quick lemon extraction.
Use The Chopstick Method When You Don’t Have Knives
How do you squeeze a lemon if you can’t cut it in half? Imagine you are outside or simply can’t get access to a knife. What will you do then? It’s easier than you think. Find yourself a chopstick, skewer, or something similar to poke a hole. Now, gently insert the chopstick roughly to the middle. Remove your chopstick and squeeze the lemon. Remember to face the hole to a cup.
How To Extract Lemon Juice?
Lemon is one of the juiciest and widely available fruit in the household and stores. Do you need a glass of citrus freshness? Just take out a few lemons and squeeze them onto the glass. Although, there are many ways you can extract lemon juice.
- Manual press machine
- Automatic Juicer
- Using a reamer
- Hand squeeze tool
- Spoon or fork
How To Juice Lemons With A Juicer?
Juicer is an effective way to extract juice from any fruits and vegetables. If you want to juice lemon with a juicer, follow these instructions.
- First cut the lemon in half and peel the outer skin. Simply trim the skin with the knife. Those skins will give you a bitter taste and ruin the experience.
- Then, take out the seeds. You also don’t want the seed to be in the mix. It gives off a weird aftertaste. Use a knife or fork to poke every seed out of the lemon.
- According to your juicer intake shaft, cut lemon slices into smaller pieces. This will speed up the process much easier.
- Leave the glass a couple of seconds more after collecting all the juice. There might be a couple more drops to collect.
How To Squeeze A Lemon Without A Squeezer
There are some ways you can squeeze a lemon without special equipment. You can either use a fork or spoon to squeeze the juice out of a lemon. If you don’t have access to a knife, you can use a skewer or a small stick to make a hole in one end. Then squeeze the whole lemon. The juice will come out from the punctured end shortly.
The Benefits Of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
We know lemons are a great source of vitamins and minerals. To be honest, that’s all a freshly squeezed lemon juice does to our body. It has a tremendous amount of other benefits that promote an overall healthy mind and body. Such benefits are as follows-
- Improves skins
- Fights bad breath
- Hydrates your body
- Improves digestions
- Encourages weight loss
- Prevent forming kidney stones
So there you have it. We’ve reached the end of this article. I hope these quick hacks for juicing a lemon come in handy in your daily struggles. Drink lemon juice first thing in the morning and allow it to detoxify your body as soon as possible.
- Can You Put Ice Cubes In A Juicer? Let’s Find Out The Truth
- Fresh Squeezed Juice Vs Store Bought: Which Is Best For Our Health?
- What Are The Best Oranges For Juicing? A Decision-Making Guide!
- How Much Weight Can You Lose Juicing For 30 Days?
- Hacks For Juicing A Lemon? It’s Easy If You Do It Smart
- 15 Common Juicing Mistakes You Should Avoid For Health